The Best Cover Letter Format
The Best Cover Letter Format
Letters are described as written messages that use different characters to convey or forward certain information.
It was one of the oldest forms of communication from the time of ancient Egypt. Previous written communications were the only way people communicate from different places.
However, with the advancement of modern technology, this was just one of the many options for communication. Other forms such as the use of telephones, telegraphs and e-mail messages were introduced.
Letters are used for a variety of reasons or for the following purposes:
1. Personal communication from friends or relatives
2. Formal communication for business or office purposes
3. Public notice
Cover letters in particular are used to introduce a need or a much broader topic. These are normally used for:
1. Apply for a job or job
2. Introduction to the submission of an offer for products or services offered
If the cover letter is used to apply for a vacancy, the content of the letter should include:
1. An explanation of why the person is sending a CV.
All CVs should be accompanied by an accompanying letter stating the position for which the person wishes to apply.
2. Indicate from where one has heard of such a vacancy.
It would be helpful if someone could indicate exactly where he or she heard from the vacancy, ie whether it is a television ad, a specific website or an oral broadcast.
The indication of the name of the person who suggested to send or write an application is also appropriate.
3. Catchy enough for the reader to read your resume.
The letter should be polite and not too demanding or too self-confident to arouse the interest to look at the attached CV.
4. It should focus on the selling points of the individual.
This may include the training obtained, previous work experience or previous posts which, while touching the said subject a little, but not too much to lose interest, read on the attached CV.
5. The attitude of the individual should reflect the letter.
Enthusiasm for work, courtesy and motivation should all emerge from the letter to give the employer an overview of the positive points of the individual.
6. Any other information requested by the employer.
If the information required is not provided in the letter or attached CV, the person should indicate the availability of the information upon personal appearance or request.
Below you will find the right formatting of the application for application purposes:
1. Enter the current date
2. Enter the name to which the letter should be forwarded
3. Name and address of the person in point 2
4. An introductory paragraph that is catchy or would arouse the interest of the person reading the letter.
5. The middle paragraph should have indicated the applicant’s interest and aroused the reader’s desire to consider the sender of the letter for the position.
6. The following paragraph should subtly instruct the reader to read the attached CV.
7. The concluding paragraph should indicate or suggest a particular act of the reader, ie the sender may, if necessary, indicate his available time for an interview.